Amir Liaquat’s First Wife To Organise His Funeral, Social Media Praises Her ‘Grace’

Amir Liaquat’s First Wife To Organise His Funeral, Social Media Praises Her ‘Grace’
Deceased politician Aamir Liaquat's first wife, Syeda Bushra Iqbal, reacted to her former husband’s death and said that her children have decided against a post-mortem of their father.

Bushra Iqbal was Aamir Liaquat's first wife and the mother of his two children. The two developed difference after Liaquat's second marriage to Tuba Anwar, two years after which he divorced Bushra.

Social media users have been praising what they called Bushra Iqbal's 'grace and, composure’, noting that she is going to plan and execute the funeral for her husband who once mocked and divorced her.

She spoke about her former husband on an Instagram post where she said "My former husband Aamir Liaquat Hussain has passed away. His funeral prayer will be offered today after Friday prayer at 2pm at Jama Masjid Abdullah Shah Ghazi in Clifton and he will also be buried in the premises of the shrine."


View this post on Instagram


A post shared by Dr Bushra Iqbal (@syedabushraiqbal)

In her Instagram post, she said that both of Amir's children, Ahmad Aamir and Dua Aamir, have requested that no post-mortem be conducted, and that the departed may be allowed to embark on this final voyage with respect and dignity.

She requested everyone to pray for the deceased, and gave the address for where people could go to offer their condolences.

Meanwhile, Karachi police personnel have approached the court in a bid to stop the burial of the deceased lawmaker, as they wanted to conduct an autopsy first.

They asserted that an autopsy was necessary under Section 174 of the Code of Criminal Procedure - which ordains the "police to enquire and report on suicide" or death "under circumstances raising a reasonable suspicion".

Shortly after, Bushra Iqbal and her two kids also reached the court, which was closed due to Friday prayers.

The police also asked the cold storage administration to hand over Liaquat's body to them, saying that legal action will be taken if the body was handed over to anyone else.

The burial, which was supposed to take place at 2 PM after the Friday prayers, has been delayed due to the police demanding an autopsy.

Aamir Liaquat was found unconscious in his Khudadad Colony residence in Karachi on Thursday, and was immediately rushed to the Aga Khan Hospital where he was pronounced dead.

Following his death earlier yesterday, forensic teams, investigating officers and senior superintendent (SSP) East arrived at his house to collect evidence.

Liaquat was an elected MNA, and out of respect for the deceased lawmaker, the Speaker National Assembly postponed yesterday's NA session to 5 PM today (Friday).