No Further Vandalism Of Security Installations, COAS Warns

No Further Vandalism Of Security Installations, COAS Warns
Chief of Army Staff (COAS) General Asim Munir on Saturday warned against further attempts to vanalise security installations, and vowed to bring those behind it, to justice.

He made the remarks as he visited Corps Headquarters Peshawar, according to the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR), the military's media affairs wing.

It said that on the occasion, the COAS was given a detailed briefing on the prevailing security situation and ongoing counter-terrorism efforts.

Gen Asim appreciated the professional competence, performance and achievements of law enforcement agencies in the ongoing fight against terrorism.

While addressing the officers, he emphasised on the evolving threats to national security, saying, "We shall continue with our endeavours of peace and stability and there will be no room for spoilers of the process".

COAS went on to add that the armed forces will not tolerate any further attempt of violating the sanctity and security of its installations or vandalism and resolved to bring to justice all the planners, abetters, instigators and executors of vandalism on the "Black Day of May 9".

Read this too: PM Shehbaz Orders Arrests Of Rioters, Facilitators Within 72 Hours

He also sensitised about the challenges of information warfare and the efforts to create misperceptions.

Gen Asim highlighted that a concerted effort is being made maliciously by inimical elements to target the Armed Forces. He pledged that such nefarious attempts will be foiled through the support of people of Pakistan.

Upon his arrival at Corps Headquarters, COAS was received by the Corps Commander.

Riots broke out in multiple cities as PTI workers engaged in scuffles with law enforcers after Imran Khan’s arrest from the Islamabad High Court premises on Tuesday.

The party called for protests shortly after the arrest, with people taking to the streets and blocking the thoroughfares.

Khan was arrested by Rangers in the Al-Qadir Trust case, by a heavy force of the paramilitary personnel from the premises of the courtroom where he had appeared to secure pre-arrest bail in multiple FIRs registered against him, followed by May 9 violent protests.