The Gaza Strip's health ministry has said that 178 Palestinians have been killed and 589 have been injured in Israeli raids on Gaza since a week-long truce broke in the early hours of Friday and the conflict restarted.
According to Al Jazeera, the Executive Director of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF), Catherine Russell, has warned that Gaza is once again the "most dangerous place in the world to be a child" following the return of violence.
"It does not have to be this way—for seven days, there was a glimmer of hope for children amidst this horrific nightmare," Russell stated in a press statement.
"More than 30 children who had been held hostage in Gaza have been released and reunited with their families." Furthermore, the humanitarian pause allowed for an increase in the transport of crucial supplies into and throughout Gaza."
Russell said, "Children require a long-term humanitarian ceasefire."
Qatar's Foreign Minister, Sheikh Mohammed Bin Abdulrahman al-Thani, said that Qatar is dedicated to continuing efforts, in collaboration with its allies, to restore the Gaza truce.
"Continuous bombardment of Gaza complicates mediation efforts and exacerbates humanitarian catastrophe," said the foreign minister.